Fountainhead School gives a lot of importance to professional development of new teachers throughout their work span from the dateÂ of joining, to build and sustain a professional learning community. Our goal is to develop human potential in a continuous effort to become and remain an institute of excellence in education. Professional development seeks to improve the knowledge and skills of teachers through a variety of internal and external human resource development programs.
The ongoing program includes training, practice and feedback, giving opportunities for individual reflection, placing group inquiry into practice, coaching or other follow up procedures, opportunities to interact with peers focusing on students’ learning.
Training at Fountainhead includes the following:
New Teacher Training Program:
All new teachers have to undergo a 10-week training program immediately after they join Fountainhead School. This include 4 weeks of classroom exposure along with the theoretical aspects.
The training has been divided into 2 parts:
1. Understanding about school and teaching and learning. This module includes 2 subsections:
- ABOUT US:
- TEACHING & LEARNING
- Classroom Management
- Routines & Procedures
- Tasks related to teaching and learning
- Teaching Skills
- Language Skills
- Math Skills
- ICT skills
Extensive Teacher Training Program:
- In-house workshops, either conducted by senior teachers, the PYP coordinator or the
- HOS to enhance the language, refine mathematical skills, update new teaching strategies, How to become an effective teacher,
- Teachers also get an opportunity to attend workshops conducted by other schools/ institutions/ organizations in other cities. They then replicate the workshop and Â share it with other teachers. For more details on the workshops, refer to the List of Workshops (in house & outstation)
- At least once in 18 months, we have in-school workshops organized by the IBO for the PYP. We have 2 – 3 different workshops being conducted simultaneously. The workshop leaders generally are trained workshop leaders from India and abroad, nominated by the IB regional office.
- Beyond the school itself, teachers regularly attend the regional workshops conducted by the IBO.