The objective of this policy is to make sure that parent and children are familiar with and abide by the code of conduct and bus safety rules.
The policy applies to parent and student.
Value (s) guiding policy:
a) Value Term: Responsible
b) Why: I will maintain a high standard of behavior by adhering to the rules & procedures.
The policy determines the transportation guidelines set by school and behavior expected by students to ensure safe and secure to and fro journey for students.
- It is compulsory for all students to avail school transport facility.Â Using mass transportÂ while coming to schoolÂ means reducing our carbon footprint and instilling in students a sense of equality.Â At the discretion of the Head of School, students having genuine medical or other concern may opt out of school transport. In all such cases, a written application must be filed with Administrative Department well in advance and approval sought from the Head of School.
- The other exception to compulsory transportation is for those students who come from such areas where coverage is not being provided by the school. Coverage is defined as a stop not further than 2 km from the studentâ€™s house. If your house lies outside this coverage definition, then you must get in touch with the transportation officer at the school for options.
- Routes & stops of the buses or vans have been fixed for all major catchment areas of the city. Since the school wants to ensure that the time taken from the first stop to the last stop is fixed & limited, new stops/routes cannot be added to every request.
- The school takes no guarantee of the maximum distance from your house to the nearest stop. The list of stops has been given to you. You may take admission only if you find one of the given stops convenient for pick-up & drop.
- The bus/van will drop and pick up students at the assigned, designated pick-up/drop-off point only.
- Since the school does not provide gate pick up or drop off facilities, your child may have to walk (and for younger children till age 10 dropped off and picked-up) to and from the common convenient place in his / her residence vicinity. The pickup/drop off timings, as will be communicated before theÂ start of theÂ academic session, will be based on trial / dry runs and therefore may get affected due to traffic situation or restriction in vehicular movements. Students are expected to be at the bus stop ten minutes before their standard bus timings, and if parents/guardians are picking up their child, then they are also requested to be at the stop 10 minutes before the expected arrival time.
- Students living far away from the school will be picked first and dropped at last. That is how the bus routes are made. It is logical that the students living near the school will have less traveling time.
- In order to shorten the route/timing; the highway routes will not be added as it has safety concerns.
- Switching buses/vans on your own are not allowed without prior permission during regular bus/van routes as well as for any after-school activities. Prior permission may be given only if a seat is available on the bus on the requested route. Buses/vans will not stop along the way to pick up/drop off students who have missed the bus/van at the designated stop. Parents cannot stop the bus by honking/overtake etc. on the way toÂ pick /drop their child if they miss the bus.Â However, a student who misses the bus at a previous stop may be dropped off at a further stop on the same route.
- Students are not allowed to board the bus other than their regular school timings as the transport staff will not allow any other student who is not supposed to travel in it unless they have a written approval from HRT/Front desk.
- Before changing your address, please make sure that you identify your stop from all the existing routes and confirm with the school that a seat is available on that route. It isÂ infeasibleÂ to create new stops / routes in the middle of the year because the address could be far from the existing routes or else even for a location falling on the route (because every new stop adds to the time taken by the vehicle and we intend to keep a maximum limit for the time taken).
- The school takes no guarantee of providing service in an area not covered by the given routes.
- If we receive a request for a change in bus stop after reopening of school then there will be no change in the first 30 days because of operational constraints Thereafter, the request will be processed subject to our transport policy and seat availability. If seats are not available then the request will not be accepted.Â
- Request regarding change of bus stops for few days (up to 4 days) will not be accepted. In case of emergency, you will have to pick-up your child from the school.
- Year on year, the routes and stops are surely going to change as there are shifts & changes in major residential addresses. Therefore, apart from adding new routes, we may also have to modify existing ones or delete existing ones completely if that is the need. The school will try not to disrupt an existing stop, but please note that under unavoidable circumstances, the school may have to change the stop location.Â
- Bearer card is mandatory for parents when you pick your child from the bus or from school. The school will not be responsible if it is lost. In case the card is lost, you need to report it immediately to the school in writing( email to firstname.lastname@example.org) Â and get a new bearer card issued. The cost of the same is Rs. 100/-. Â
Bus boarding procedure for senior school:
Below given procedure for senior year students for boarding the bus while leaving at 3.15 pm:
- Students have to board the bus by 3.13 pm. After that, the bus door will be closed and no student will be allowed to board the bus.
- 2 minutes (till 3.13 pm) will be given to students to settle down and fasten their safety belts and conductors will take attendance.
- If any student has missed the bus, parents will be called to pick their ward from the school.
Student using own transport:
- List of students coming on their own transport to be provided to the security staff and they will maintain the record
- Gate pass will not be issued on daily basis.
- Bearer card to be carried by parent/guardian.
- Parent has to provide a letter to the school with the name of the driver name, car number, and any other important detail.
Students are not allowed to do the following on the bus:
Eating junk food
Fighting e.g. kicking, punching, beating
Any kind of teasing (physical) like pulling hair, snatching/throwing shoes, bags etc.
Not wearing seat belt (it is compulsory for all students, irrespective of their grades)
Running, standing in the bus
Putting hands, head or any body part out of the window
Throwing things out of the window
- Standing on the seats
Any violation of these rules will lead to consequences. In a case of any misconduct by a student in the bus, the didi/ conductor/staff has to inform transport in charge.
Steps will be taken:
1st Instance – Warning to be given by transport in charge to the student.
This has to be done on the same day i.e. for morning routes, it has to be done in the afternoon route and for afternoon route, it has to be done in the next day morning route.
2nd Instance – Warning to be given by HOAÂ to the student.
3rd Instance – Parents to be called by HOA to be advised.
4th Instance – HOA has to recommend the case to the HoS and action will be taken on a case by case basis.
After each warning, a slip will be given to the student to be countersigned by the parent and submitted to the transport dept. within 3 working days otherwise, it will be treated as a 2nd warning.
The data will be recorded in a spreadsheet and notified to the HRT/TL/Coordinator/PSP through automated notification.
HRT/TL should make an entry of these instances into the student behavior log for the record.