Students are responsible for the general care of their Chromebook and also the Chromebook issued by the school.
- No food or drink item is allowed next to your Chromebook while it is in use.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Never transport your Chromebook with the power cord plugged in. Never store your Chromebook in your carry case or backpack while plugged in.
- Students should never carry their Chromebooks while the screen is open.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, or stickers UNLESS the Chromebook is protected with removable skin. An identification label with the studentâ€™s name is acceptable on the Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks must have a School asset tag on them at all times and this tag must not be removed or altered in any way. If the tag is removed disciplinary action will be taken.
- Chromebooks should never be left in a class or any unsupervised area.
- Students are responsible for bringing completely charged Chromebooks for use each school day.
- For screen adjustment do not grasp screen by wrapping the hand around the screen, your thumbs will shatter the screen.
- Transport Chromebooks with care.
- Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with the lid closed.
- Case use is encouraged.
The Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in a carrying case or backpack that will press against the cover.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or antiÂstatic cloth.
- Be cautious when using any cleaning solventsÍ¾ some individuals may have allergic reactions to chemicals in cleaning solvents and some solvents can even damage the screen. Try to always use a water dampened towel or a highly diluted solvent.
Using your Chromebook at School:
- Chromebooks are intended for use at school each day.
- In addition to teacher expectations for Chromebook use, school messages, announcements, calendars and schedules may be accessed using the Chromebook but not during ongoing class.
- Students must be responsible for bringing their Chromebook to all classes unless specifically advised not to do so by their teacher.
Storing Your Chromebook:
- When students are not using their Chromebook, they should store them in their locked locker.
- Nothing should be placed on top of the Chromebook when stored in the locker.
- Students are encouraged to take their Chromebooks home every day after school.
- Chromebooks should not be stored in a studentâ€™s vehicle at school or at home for security and temperature control measures.
Chromebooks left at home:
- If students leave their Chromebook at home, they will be allowed to phone their parent/guardian to bring it to school.
- If unable to contact parents, the student will have the opportunity to use a replacement Chromebook from the school buffer Chromebooks if one is available.
- Repeat violations of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Chromebooks under repair:
- Loaner Chromebooks may be issued to students when they leave their Chromebook for repair at the school IT department/Service center.
- Students using loaner Chromebooks will be responsible for any damages incurred while in possession of the student. The student will pay full replacement cost if itâ€™s lost or stolen.
For more details – please read theÂ Parent Undertaking for Chromebook.