||What % better chances of IB students have in getting admissions to US Colleges in general and Ivy league colleges specifically?
Bonus question: What are Ivy league colleges?
|Click here to refer IB study on IVY league college admissions: Pages 19 & 22
- The average acceptance rate of IB students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The acceptance rate of IB students into Ivy League institutions (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania) is between 3 and 13 percentage points higher compared to the total population acceptance rate.
- So, the Ivy league colleges are Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania
||How do some top foreign universities view the diploma programme?
||Click here to read more
- Universities around the globe recognize the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme for excelling in preparing students.
- According to the top universities like Michigan and Brown, they respect IB programme and some universities believe that it is a well-established and well-known programme.
- According to Harvard University, Marilyn McGrath Lewis, Asst. Dean of Admissions:- â€œSuccess in an IB program correlates well with success at Harvard. We are always pleased to see the credentials of the IB Diploma Program on the transcript.â€ GPA is not nearly as important a factor in university admission as the IB Diploma. If a student has to choose, choose the Diploma over protecting the GPA.â€
- Brown University, Panetha Ott, Admissions Officer â€œI donâ€™t think there is anyone who does not respect the I.B.â€
- University of Michigan, Joseph Gore, Admissions Counselor â€œWe definitely take note of the IB Diploma in the admissions process at Michigan! Feel free to quote me on that!
- Students may receive credits in a university, as a result, they may have to study fewer subjects in the first year or other advantages.
- It has developed critical thinking, intercultural understanding, and respect.
- Students may get scholarships.
- The IB program correlates well with the university curriculum and program.
- IB student outperforms other students at the university.