||What % better chances of IB students have in getting admissions to US Colleges in general and Ivy league colleges specifically?
Bonus question: What are Ivy league colleges?
|Click here to refer IB study on IVY league college admissions: Pages 19 & 22
- The average acceptance rate of IB students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The acceptance rate of IB students into Ivy League institutions (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania) is between 3 and 13 percentage points higher compared to the total population acceptance rate.
- So, the Ivy league colleges are Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania
||How do some top foreign universities view the diploma programme?
||Click here to read more
- Universities around the globe recognize the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme for excelling in preparing students.
- According to the top universities like Michigan and Brown, they respect IB programme and some universities believe that it is a well-established and well-known programme.
- According to Harvard University, Marilyn McGrath Lewis, Asst. Dean of Admissions:- “Success in an IB program correlates well with success at Harvard. We are always pleased to see the credentials of the IB Diploma Program on the transcript.” GPA is not nearly as important a factor in university admission as the IB Diploma. If a student has to choose, choose the Diploma over protecting the GPA.
- Brown University, Panetha Ott, Admissions Officer “I don’t think there is anyone who does not respect the I.B.”
- University of Michigan, Joseph Gore, Admissions Counselor â€œWe definitely take note of the IB Diploma in the admissions process at Michigan! Feel free to quote me on that!
- Students may receive credits in a university, as a result, they may have to study fewer subjects in the first year or other advantages.
- It has developed critical thinking, intercultural understanding, and respect.
- Students may get scholarships.
- The IB program correlates well with the university curriculum and program.
- IB student outperforms other students at the university.