This section includes IGCSE and DP school results for the past 2 years, toppers of 2016-17 and comparison of FS grades with world averages.
Table 1: IGCSE Results at a glance
|Total number of students who appeared for IGCSE exams||59|
|No. of students who appeared for ICE and have received the ICE certificate (a more rigorous and prestigious award than the IGCSE; refer to Appendix 1 for details)||55 out of 55|
|No. of students who appeared for IGCSE (AIU equivalence for Class X: requires students to pass in 5 subjects including English) and have got AIU equivalence** (refer to Appendix 2 for details)||3 out of 3|
|No. of students who appeared for less than 5 subjects and have got the IGCSE certificate||1 out of 1|
As you can see, our students have done extremely well this year as well, continuing the trend of superior performance. The table below shows the comparative analysis of the results of our students over the past 3 years.
Table 2: Comparative result for the last three batches
|IGCSE Results over the years||2015-2016||2016-2017||2017-2018|
Total No. of Students appeared for the IGCSE examination
|No. of Students who passed in all the subjects||
|ICE achievement % for given academic year||
|No. of Students who got a distinction in ICE||
|No. of Students who got a merit in ICE||
|No. of Students who got a pass in ICE||
We are pleased to announce that our students have done well this year. With the last three batches completing the Diploma Program, we can confidently say that we have got a good hold of all the subject requirements across the program, and the results have been consistently good over the years.
Table 1: Class of 2018 Results at a glance
Students recommended for Diploma
|IB Results: Diploma Awarded||%|
Students recommended for DP Course
|IB Results: DP Course results received||%|
We can see the comparison of student performances in the IB Diploma program in the table below.
Table 2: Comparison of grades ranges awarded to full Diploma students
DP Score Range
|Class of 2016||Class of 2017||Class of 2018|
|38 – 45||1||7||
35 – 37
|31 – 34||8||14||
28 – 30
|24 – 27||11||2||
Some findings about the results this year:
- Our predicted grades have been quite close to actual grades, the difference between actual and predicted grades being 3.61% (on the lower side).
- While no. of students in the highest range have reduced, the number of students in the 35-38 range have increased.
- Each cohort will be different academically and the final grades will vary depending on their preparedness, accountability, work habits and the rigor and commitment that they demonstrate.
- We have offered two new subjects Global Politics and Computer Science to our students this year, and they have done quite well in both the subjects.
- There is a 16% overall difference in the prediction for Extended Essay, partly because the criteria have changed this year. We need to understand the requirements better to improve student results.
We are pleased to announce that our students have done extremely well this year, in fact, our students have been doing well in the IGCSE Exams over the past 4 years and the results have been improving with each batch. The images below shows the comparative analysis of the results of our students.
Table 1: IGCSE Results at a glance
|Total No. of Students appeared for the IGCSE examination||51|
|IGCSE Achievement %||100 %|
|No. of Students who passed in all the subjects||51|
|No. of students appeared for ICE (a more rigorous and prestigious award than the IGCSE)||49|
|No. of students who got ICE||49|
|ICE achievement % for 49 students||100%|
|No. of Students who got a distinction in ICE||20 (41%)|
|No. of Students who got a merit in ICE||24 (49%)|
|No. of Students who got a pass in ICE||5 (10%)|
Table 2: Comparative result for the last four batches
|IGCSE Results over the years||2013-2014||2014-2015||2015-2016||2016-2017|
|Total No. of Students appeared for the IGCSE examination||33||38||57||51|
|No. of Students who passed in all the subjects||33||38||57||51|
|ICE achievement % for given academic year||91%||97%||96%||100 %|
|No. of Students who got a distinction in ICE||5 (17%)||13 (35%)||15 (27%)||20 (41%)|
|No. of Students who got a merit in ICE||21 (70%)||19 (51%)||31 (57%)||24 (49%)|
|No. of Students who got a pass in ICE||4 (13%)||5 (14%)||9 (16%)||5 (10%)|
The table below shows the comparative analysis of the results of the class of 2016 and 2017.
The key highlights of the results this year:
- As evident from Table 1, the number of students getting scores in the higher ranges is significantly more as compared to last year. And obviously, our highest scores have jumped.
- The average score of students has increased from 31 to 33.6
- The actual grades of students have been significantly closer to the predicted grades as compared to the prediction last year. The error in the prediction of the grades last year was 13% which has now reduced to 0.4%.
- Besides the improvement in subject grades, students have also shown better results in the TOK and Extended Essay which are the core components of the Diploma Program.
Table 1: Comparison of grades ranges awarded to students
DP Score Range
|Class of 2016||Class of 2017||% Increment|
Table 2: Student scoring above 39 (out of a maximum of 45)
|Class of 2016||Class of 2017|
|No. of students||
43, 41, 40, 39, 39
This was our third batch which has completed their IGCSE examinations and over the past 3 years, the results have been consistently good with the majority of students getting the more rigorous and prestigious ICE certificate.
While more than 80% of our students have chosen to continue with the Diploma Program at Fountainhead School, the students who have left, have also got admissions in schools of their choice in Surat, India and abroad.
In many ways, Fountainhead School reached a major milestone when the results of the DP Class of 2016 (first batch) were released. Of 38 students in the class, one of them appeared for the AS/A levels in March (the only and the last candidate from Fountainhead to do so). 2 students had registered for the DP Course from the beginning – which means that they were not attempting the full diploma.
Of the remaining 35 students, 21 students were awarded the Diploma, while 14 students got Diploma course results.
On the other hand, our highest score is 39. Among those students who have got the Diploma, the average score is 31 points, higher than the world average, which is 30.07. In every subject where we had more than 10 students, our students have secured the two highest grades in that subject pointing to the fact that those students who make an effort can do really well.
|IGCSE Results in a nutshell|
|Total No. of Students appeared for the IGCSE examination||38|
|No. of Students who passed in at least 05 subjects||38|
|No. of students who got ICE (description is given below)||37|
|ICE achievement % for 37 students||100%|
|No. of Students who got a distinction in ICE||13 (35% students)|
|No. of Students who got a merit in ICE||19 (51% students)|
|No. of Students who got a pass in ICE||5 (13% students)|
Subject wise performance of students in terms of no. three highest grades: A*, A and B:
|Subject Group for ICE as per CIE||Subject||A*||A||B||Total No. of students who took this exam||% of students who are in the top 3 grades|
|1: Languages||English as a second language||0||0||1||5||20%|
|1: Languages||First Language English||1||2||12||34||44%|
|2: Humanities & Social Sciences||English Literature||4||4||6||18||78%|
|2: Humanities & Social Sciences||Global Perspectives||1||9||3||16||81%|
|2: Humanities & Social Sciences||India Studies||5||4||6||20||75%|
|3: Sciences||Coordinated Sciences*||7||14||4||32||78%|
|3: Sciences||Environmental Management||0||1||5||7||86%|
|4: Mathematics||Additional Mathematics||0||4||3||7||100%|
|4: Mathematics||International Mathematics||12||8||10||38||79%|
|5: Creative, Technical & Vocational||Art & Design||0||0||2||11||18%|
|5: Creative, Technical & Vocational||Enterprise||0||0||1||15||7%|
|5: Creative, Technical & Vocational||Information Communication and Technology||1||2||2||15||33%|
|5: Creative, Technical & Vocational||Physical Education||0||0||2||9||22%|
5: Creative, Technical & VocationalInformation Communication and Technology0202100%
- Total No. of Students appeared for the IGCSE examination: 34
- No. of Students who passed in at least 05 subjects: 34
- No. of students who got ICE (description is given below): 30
- ICE achievement percentage: 88%
- No. of Students who got distinction in ICE: 05
- No. of Students who got merit in ICE: 21
- No. of Students who got a pass in ICE: 04