- To ensure that the school gets maximum admissions possible without making a compromise.
- To have a fair and transparent policy for all parents.
- To make the admission process easy for parents and students.
This policy applies to all parents seeking admission for their children at Fountainhead School.
Value (s) guiding policy:*
- a) Value Term: Fairness, Excellence
- b) Why:
- Every student should get a fair chance to get admission in school.
- Always implement practices that continue to produce valued outcomes.
Fountainhead School aims to provide high-quality educational experience through a fair and transparent admission system and avoid unfair discrimination on grounds of disability, gender, religion or belief. The policy ensures proper admission procedure with respect to each application received for admission. It also seeks to set selection criteria which is transparent, fair and consistent.
EY & PY
- Age Criteria – The age criteria are as follows and there is absolutely no relaxation in these dates for Grade 2. Beyond Grade 2 (Annexure 1), only if the child has completed the previous grade and if the child does exceptionally well in her previous classes as well as in the assessment tests, then only he/she will be admitted to the next class.
Procedure for admission - Nur, Jr. KG
Procedure for admission – Nur, Jr. KG
Note: Admission in Nursery will open for Staff & Sibling category only. Selection will be through Draw System (In case there are more applicants than the number of seats available). In case of less applications; the admission will be open for external students.
Step 1 : Attending the ‘Education for Tomorrow’ workshop and collection of admission packet
Step 2: Complete the admission process in school (Submission of all the documents, payment of the admission process, submission of the online admission form)
Step 3: Interaction with parent / candidate (if needed)
Step 4: Communication of the admission status Draw System (In case there are more applicants than the number of seats available)
Step 5: Deposit fees (PDC cheque)
Step 6: Confirmation.
Step 1. Attending the ‘Education for Tomorrow’ workshop and collection of admission packet:
It is mandatory to attend this workshop (preferably both parents) if you are seeking admission at Fountainhead School, Kunkni.
Please note that If you have not attended the ‘Education for Tomorrow’ (EFT) workshop on any of the above mentioned dates, then you will not be eligible to complete the admission process. The admission packets will be distributed during the EFT workshops and will not be available from the Front Desk.
Details regarding the workshop will be on our website. To register for the workshop, you can fill the EFT registration form from our website (http://www.fountainheadschools.org/admissions/education-for-tomorrow-workshop/) and register for the workshop.
Step 2: Completing the admission process:
- Submission of all the documents :
Parents seeking admission for the year 2017-18, need to come to school as per slot and dates allotted to you, along with ‘ALL the documents mentioned below.
What needs to be submitted:
- Notarized photocopy of your child’s birth certificate
- Five passport size photographs of the child
- One family photograph (parents, child & siblings only)
- Kindergarten recommendation form (only for Nursery, Jr. KG & Sr. KG. applicable for non Fountainhead Preschool students)
- PDC (post dated cheque) of Rs. 1,00,000/- (One time non refundable admission fee, Rs. 60,000/- and refundable Security deposit, Rs. 40,000/-) when you come for the admission process. Payee name: ‘Fountainhead Education Trust’.
All the documents need to be complete. If any document is incomplete/missing, then you will not be eligible to complete the admission process.
- Payment of the Admission process:
Payment of Admission form fees, has to be done once the documents are submitted.
Admission process fees are:
- Pre-primary (Jr.Kg ) Rs. 2000/-
- Submission of Admission Form:
Parents will have to fill up an online admission form in school after the payment of Rs. 2000/- and submission of documents. As a part of admission process, it is MANDATORY to fill up the online admission form.
Step 3: Interaction with parent/ candidate:
You will receive a call for parent / candidate interaction (if needed for Jr. KG) once the admission process (submission of documents and online form) is complete.
Step 4: Communication of the admission status:
After the submission of documents and filling online admission form, communication regarding admission status will be done through our school’s website. If we have more applicants than the seats, a draw system will be used.
For draw system, parents will have to come to school on a pre decided date (20th September 2016).
Step 5: Deposit fees (PDC cheque)
Once the admission is granted, PDC cheque given by you earlier will be deposited in our account (21th September 2016). In case the cheque is returned due to any reason, admission will be cancelled and will be released for the next waitlisted student
Step 6: Confirmation.
Once the fees (admission fees and security deposit) is credited in our account, confirmation of admission will be given through SMS/email and fee receipt will be sent to you.
Procedure for admission - Primary Years
Procedure for admission -Primary Years
Admission process for the academic session 2017-18 is as under:
- Collection & payment of Admission Packet.
- Submission of Documents & Submission of online admission form.
- Readiness test.
- Communication of the result and admission status/waitlist number.
- Deposit fees.
STEP 1: Collection and payment of the admission packet:
You need to come to school to collect the admission packet.
- Primary Years (Grades 1- 6) – Rs.2500/-
- Senior Years (Grades 7, 8, 9 & 11) -Rs 2500/
STEP 2: Submission of all documents and online admission form (hard copy)
*Please submit the following to the school.
- Admission Form Request with complete details, signed by the parent.
- Attested (notarized) photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Five passport size photographs of the child and one family photograph (parents, child & siblings only) in hard copy.
- “Parents’ Undertaking” signed by both the parents.
- Previous two year’s Report Card (for Grades 1-9 and Grade 11)
- Original School Leaving Certificate (Please submit it before 25th May or admission may stand cancelled).
- Parent Evaluation Form.
Please note that the admission process will be treated as incomplete if any of the documents mentioned above are not submitted.
Submission of online admission form
You will be required to fill the online admission form when you come to school to submit the required documents.
Step 3: Readiness test and ‘Education for Tomorrow’ workshop:
It is mandatory to attend this workshop (preferably both parents) if you are seeking admission at Fountainhead School, Kunkni. If parents do not attend the workshop, then it might lead to cancellation of admission. Parents will have to attend the workshop while the child will be appearing for the test.
Step 4: Communication of admission status:
You will be informed about your child’s admission status through call and email.
If you child is placed in the waiting pool, you will receive a final decision latest by 30th May 2017.
Step 5: Deposit of Fees:
If your child is able to secure admission at Fountainhead School, then you need to pay one time admission fee and security deposit in any of the HDFC Branch by 15th February 2017, through the slip given to you in the admission packet.
Step 6: Confirmation of admission:
We will be sending a confirmation sms/email to you once we receive your child’s admission fees and security deposit.
The admission for Grade 1 to Grade 6 will be confirmed only after the assessment tests. These assessment tests are a tool for both the school and the parent to get a genuine assessment where the child stands and if there are any particular areas of weaknesses that need to be focused upon.
- Please fill up all the details carefully. The name of child and parents should be as per submitted document only.
- In case of any change, it should be supported by appropriate legal documents.
- The school will not entertain requests for change in names after the admission is confirmed.
- The parents must fill in the admission forms themselves.
- Neither collection of admission form nor its submission is a guarantee of admission to the school.
- Admission form fees are non refundable.
- For admissions to Junior KG, we have done away with 80:20 ratio for students of Fountainhead preschool and students from other preschools. We have allocated all the remaining JK seats to FP students (after confirming admission of Cat A & B) and current Nursery admission. This policy has been revised based on the feedback given by many FP parents. However, maintaining gender ratio will be given priority on an overall basis. Hence,based on that , Category C admission seats will be bifurcated as per male /female ratio.
- While the school already follows a fair and ethical process, to make the process more robust and watertight, a Â parent committee will oversee and audit the entire admission process to certify that the school conducts admissions as per policy defined and that there is no foul play or scope of influence/ external pressure.
- The school will not ask for any donation for granting admissions. The fee structure is transparent & all of it needs to be accordingly communicated.
- The admission process does not ask for any religious/caste/political/social affiliations & is agnostic to this. Parents too must be aware of that same applies to them. We do not want any interference in this matter.
- Any recommendation or any influence brought from any outside source to secure admission will lead to immediate cancellation of admission.
Rejected Application / Re-admission
- For already issued forms: If fees is not submitted within the new given deadline, the form will stand cancelled. The parent is welcome to come back and fill up the form as per availability of seats and follow the same procedure as any other parent. However, they will be given lower priority than an altogether new parent, if there’s an issue of seat availability.
Wait list Criteria for Admission:
Admissions will be granted as per below given criteria:
|1||Attended EFT Workshop (compulsory)|
|2.||All Documents signed and submitted (compulsory)|
|3.||Form taken and submitted within the specified dates or when admissions are open.|
|4.||Students without any special needs.|
|1||Reserved for staff if any till March|
|2.||Sibling studying at FS|
|3||FP Students – Fountainhead Preschool (for EY Students only)|
|3.||Applied for admission for both sibling|
For other categories
|Early Years (Criterion)||Primary and Years (Criterion)|
|Girls (First preference will be given to girls for admission)||Admission dept. will check first that whether candidate has cleared the assessment test with minimum mark set for the specific grades.|
|Random- candidates will be picked up randomly through chit system in presence of parents.||Girls (First preference will be given to girls for admission)|
|Random- candidates will be picked up randomly through chit system in presence of parents.|
- Students will be listed as per above given criteria.
- We can ask parents (max 5 nos, who have already attended EFT workshops) to fill up the form, explain them criteria of admission and where they stand.
Annexure 1 – Age Criteria – 2017-18
|Born in the year|