Students are responsible for the general care of their Chromebook and also the Chromebook issued by the school.
- No food or drink item is allowed next to your Chromebook while it is in use.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Never transport your Chromebook with the power cord plugged in. Never store your Chromebook in your carry case or backpack while plugged in.
- Students should never carry their Chromebooks while the screen is open.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, or stickers UNLESS the Chromebook is protected with removable skin. An identification label with the student’s name is acceptable on the Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks must have a School asset tag on them at all times and this tag must not be removed or altered in any way. If the tag is removed disciplinary action will be taken.
- Chromebooks should never be left in a class or any unsupervised area.
- Students are responsible for bringing completely charged Chromebooks for use each school day.
- For screen adjustment do not grasp screen by wrapping the hand around the screen, your thumbs will shatter the screen.
- Transport Chromebooks with care.
- Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with the lid closed.
- Case use is encouraged.
The Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in a carrying case or backpack that will press against the cover.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or antistatic cloth.
- Be cautious when using any cleaning solvents some individuals may have allergic reactions to chemicals in cleaning solvents and some solvents can even damage the screen. Try to always use a water dampened towel or a highly diluted solvent.
Using your Chromebook at School:
- Chromebooks are intended for use at school each day.
- In addition to teacher expectations for Chromebook use, school messages, announcements, calendars and schedules may be accessed using the Chromebook but not during ongoing class.
- Students must be responsible for bringing their Chromebook to all classes unless specifically advised not to do so by their teacher.
Storing Your Chromebook:
- When students are not using their Chromebook, they should store them in their locked locker.
- Nothing should be placed on top of the Chromebook when stored in the locker.
- Students are encouraged to take their Chromebooks home every day after school.
- Chromebooks should not be stored in a student’s vehicle at school or at home for security and temperature control measures.
Chromebooks left at home:
- If students leave their Chromebook at home, they will be allowed to phone their parent/guardian to bring it to school.
- If unable to contact parents, the student will have the opportunity to use a replacement Chromebook from the school buffer Chromebooks if one is available.
- Repeat violations of the above will result in disciplinary action.
Chromebooks under repair:
- Loaner Chromebooks may be issued to students when they leave their Chromebook for repair at the school IT department/Service center.
- Students using loaner Chromebooks will be responsible for any damages incurred while in possession of the student. The student will pay full replacement cost if its lost or stolen.
For more details – please read the Parent Undertaking for Chromebook.