Learning Camps for Underprivileged children
We are conducting free learning camp for underprivileged children of nearby villages. From 5 pm to 7 pm, every evening, these children are learning the English language, IT skills, playing games and having fun! Our intention is to use the school resources, people, and ideas to help educate the children who need it the most. Our teachers who have volunteered for this camp find it a joyful experience - despite the fact that they spend almost 12 hours at school because of the camp timings! These children are taught the set of skills which are very important today for career enhancement. We have conducted many activities to enhance their language skills, where we focus on oral and aural skills. Children were encouraged to read books and shown various videos. They also enriched their ICT skills. Many online games were played with them. The result was that children were able to frame simple sentence as well as write few lines on given topics.
They are also made to understand the competition they would have to face and that the employable skills taught at FS would help them to overcome various hurdles of life.
World Blood Donor Day
As educators, we want our students to be knowledgeable about the importance of donating blood regularly, voluntarily and safely to enable them to become responsible citizens. We regularly conduct Blood Donation Camps at Fountainhead School. Blood donation camps help in creating wider awareness in our community, of the vital role of blood transfusion in saving lives and improving the health of millions of people each year. We want to empower our children/staff/parents to motivate and inspire more individuals (age 18 and up) to become regular voluntary unpaid blood donors to ensure sufficient stocks of blood to meet national requirements, even in emergency situations. We also recognize regular voluntary unpaid donors as public health role models; it is because they lead healthy lifestyles and are regularly screened that they are able to donate blood regularly. Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person - the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life or even several if your blood is separated into its components - red cells, platelets and plasma - which can be used individually for patients with specific conditions.
Ummed ki Cycle - "THE BICYCLE PROJECT"
In villages located around Fountainhead School, there are several children aged 6-16 years, walking an average of 2-5 kms a day, one way, to get an education. This is the generation that will bring about a change for the better - for their families, their villages, and who knows, maybe even their country and someday, the world! Going to school is the most important thing for these kids - and they know that. Which is why no distance is too long - and walking for hours is normal because missing school is not an option. Whether rain or shine, blistering heat or freezing cold, these children do their best to get to school on time, every day. We at Fountainhead School in collaboration with SVNIT and the "Bicycle Project" donated bicycles to the children in the nearby villages around the school. Fountainhead School parents also helped these children by being part of "The Bicycle Project" by donating used bicycles or by sponsoring the repairs of the used bicycles that were donated. After giving these bikes a new lease of life, we deliver them to the village kids.
Joy of Giving
We celebrate the"Joy of giving" week at Fountainhead School to expand the growth and understanding of our learners by donating various things.
Parents, teachers, and students voluntarily and wholeheartedly participated and donated toys, clothes, books etc. which were in good condition. These were all collected at school, sorted and later distributed in an orphanage.
- 21st Century careers will require 21st Century skills and specialization in which narrow content knowledge is not likely to be enough.
- For some students, building vocational skills or pursuing talent in arts or sports may be more valuable for their careers.
- Students need to be able to recognize their own interests and talents and develop the same.
- To allow students to really enjoy learning.
- Challenges of living in a world driven by technology and media are significantly more, so when our students step out they should be ready to face the challenges and take care of their life as well as give back to the society too.
- The ability to make decisions for themselves in the face of huge amounts of information as well as misinformation
- To become a harbinger of change in Indian Education.
- To reaffirm the quality in the minds of parents.
- To attract the best talent from Surat & possibly to create a pull/push factor that will propel us on a never-ending pursuit of excellence.
- To create a strong sense of community and pride in the staff
Fountainhead’s vision, since inception, has been to “to scale newer heights in terms of curriculum innovation and teaching methodologies and build an institute of excellence”. We believe that we’ve made a lot of progress on that front in the last 10 years since we started the preschool in 2004.
Over the years, we’ve have had many requests for visits to the school along with understanding about how the school was started and how it is now run. We feel that now’s the right time for us to invite visitors for this purpose.
The intended audience for this workshop are teachers/principals from any school/organization and entrepreneurs as well as those interested in starting a school with a difference or running a school in India. Even business houses/ corporate/ small -medium scale industrialist or people who wish to diversify their business could be of interest. So, you are welcome to visit the school for a detailed 3 day exposure on practices at the school from the Early Years to Senior School in detail. People who are interested in attending the workshop are required to fill the registration form given below.
The sessions will be conducted through:
Interactions with students, teachers and administrators
Experiential learning where possible
- Welcome address by Co-founders
- School Tour
- Education for Tomorrow (EFT) & Boards of education
- Admission / administration (Legal & Financial Guidance)
- Simulated Inquiry – Mini inquiry class
- Tech @ FS
- Exploring the Library
- Making the curriculum exciting & meaningful
- Classroom Observation with focused agenda
- Student-led / student interaction session (many students)
- Systems & Policies
- How to start (or grow) a school Q & A
- Arts & PE
- Preschool Tour
- Events(CSR / Nature Camps / Interschool)\
- Talent Management – Training & Staff policies / Work Culture
- Concluding session – Feedback
Queries concerning your registration should be addressed to email@example.com
To find out more about the school, please visit our website – www.fountainheadschoools.orgWe hope that you will find this event of interest and we look forward to welcoming you to our school.