As part of our growing effort to prepare all our students for successful futures, Fountainhead School's policy on career counseling establishes an outline of key supports. Through this initiative, the department is working to expand opportunities for students to link their learning to future career options.
The Career Counseling Center encourages students to meet with career counselors in one-on-one appointments to discuss career exploration, subject selection etc. We assist students with career fairs, expert panel discussions, webinars, college visits in school and various other sessions. Assessing personal preferences, skills, and interests is an important part of the career development process. Through this, we help students develop a better understanding of their skills, abilities, and career interests and most importantly, how these relate to the workplace.
We advise students to also explore experiential learning, which includes internships, summer school, student-led events and other volunteering opportunities. Gaining experience in a field of interest will not only help students build the skills they will need in the future, it will also allow them to meet professionals working in the same field and learn from their experience.
All our students will make successful transitions from their academic pursuits to their first-choice graduation destinations based upon a clear understanding of the career development process, competitive credentials and securing career options that reflect their unique interests, skills, passion, and aspirations.
Belief & Philosophy:
- All students have the ability to achieve and be successful based on their unique developmental needs.
- All students have the right to be guided/assisted by our school career counseling program.
- All students have access to the school counselors.
- All students have the right to make choices and should accept responsibility for choices made.
- Equip students with the skills necessary for them to achieve their career goals.
What will be the responsibility of the school?
The school is responsible for guiding and helping students regarding their career selection and university admission process. The student can take help from external agencies to facilitate this process. In this case, the final responsibility lies with the student/ parent.
What will be the role of the School Career Counselor?
- Develop, update and implement career counseling program that will help the student in exploring and planning career pathways.
- Work with students based on their needs for career development.
- Conduct sessions, presentations, and other events.
- Coordinate with teachers to help students in making subject selection and career choices (based on their subject selection.)
- Research and analyze university selected by students / for students.
- Liaison with university representative and other counselors to get updates on current trends.
- Help students in preparing the resume, statement of purpose and essay.
- Conduct career awareness events such as:
- University visits
- Expert panel discussions
- Young achievers meet
- Guest lectures (specific to subjects)
- Maintain a database of students subject selection, psychometric testing, transcript requests, university selection and, offers, acceptance, alumni etc.
- Exposure and understanding of various careers through psychometric tests, regular talks, and visits from experts in various sectors & careers
- To engage students and help them discover their learning style through assessments
- Expose students to different career clusters and discuss which clusters and careers they are most interested and reasons for selecting those careers.
- Assess students talents, individual intelligence strengths, and challenges. Acknowledge every studentâ€™s unique intellect and discover cross intelligence strengthening strategies to build on current talents.
- Finding out subject combinations required to pursue that course and review (if required)
- Giving information about the courses/degrees that lead to that career
- Pre-application requirements such as Resume, Statement of Purpose, Recommendation Letters, predicted grades, SATs, other entrance exams/tests etc. and applying for the identified universities
For Scope & Sequence of Career Counseling - Visit Link
For detailed Counseling Process - Visit Link
For detailed Career Counseling Policy - Visit Link
Ritu Khanna: firstname.lastname@example.org (Head - Career Counseling Department)
Anish Nair: email@example.com (Career Counselor)
Archi Shah: firstname.lastname@example.org (Career Counselor)
Dhwanisha Majmudar: email@example.com (Career Counselor)
Hetvi Desai: firstname.lastname@example.org (Career Counselor)
Megha Bhatia: email@example.com (Career Counselor)
Aditi Prasad: firstname.lastname@example.org (Career Counselor)
Contact: 91+8000130031 Extension - 08 / 09 / 10 / 31/ 39 / 40
About Cialfo - Its started in 2016 with one mission: to increase transparency and accessibility of college information. their team is made up of former college counselors, educators, and technology professionals working to change how the world approaches post-secondary education. And their platform emerges from the real world experiences of those we serve, whether they’re a devoted counselor or a steadfast principal.
All the features you need to get students to college:
Dig into a rich database of over 10,000 post-secondary schools worldwide. Explore the past acceptances, essay prompts, and statistics that make up a school on Cialfo, then shortlist or long-list them.
Cialfo’s intelligent Reach/Target/Likely algorithm takes into account a student’s personal profile and the school’s historical data before creating a personalized recommendation.
Different types of assessments for different groups of students. Students will receive a copy of the results for discussion.
Sending documents electronically to the universities
Counselors can send electronic documents like transcripts and letters of recommendation quickly with cDocs feature. Integrated with Parchment and The Common Application, cDocs is a simpler way to send and monitor documents.