As part of our growing effort to prepare all our students for successful futures, Fountainhead School’s policy on career counselling establishes an outline of key supports. Through this initiative, the department is working to expand opportunities for students to link their learning to future career options.
The Career Counseling Center encourages students to meet with career counselors in one-on-one appointments to discuss career exploration, subject selection etc. We assist students with career fairs, expert panel discussions, webinars, college visits in school and various other sessions. Assessing personal preferences, skills, and interests is an important part of the career development process. Through this, we help students develop a better understanding of their skills, abilities, and career interests and most importantly, how these relate to the workplace.
We advise students to also explore experiential learning, which includes internships, summer school, student-led events and other volunteering opportunities. Gaining experience in a field of interest will not only help students build the skills they will need in the future, it will also allow them to meet professionals working in the same field and learn from their experience.
Individual career counseling also covers:
- Conduct psychometric assessment of their skills, values, interests, and personality using tools such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or Strong Interest Inventory etc.
- Help them in university application process, for preparing resume & statement of purpose.
- Providing the letter of recommendations.
All our students will make successful transitions from their academic pursuits to their first-choice graduation destinations based upon a clear understanding of the career development process, competitive credentials and securing career options that reflect their unique interests, skills, passion, and aspirations.
Belief & Philosophy:
- All students have the ability to achieve and be successful based on their unique developmental needs.
- All students have the right to be guided/assisted by our school career counseling program.
- All students have access to the school counselors.
- All students have the right to make choices and should accept responsibility for choices made.
- Equip students with the skills necessary for them to achieve their career goals.
Career Counseling Policy: